Goat’s cheese & broccoli tart
Cube the butter. Mix the large egg yolks with 1.5 tbsp per yolk. Slice the large onions. Trim and halve the purple sprouting broccoli. Finely grate the pecorinio. Slice the goat’s cheese into 8 rounds.
1) Put the flour, butter and a pinch of salt in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs then transfer to a bowl.
2) Add the egg yolk mixture and stir with a knife. Bring together with your hands (add water if it’s a little dry).
3) Roll into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 20 minutes.
4) Heat the oven to 200°c/400°f/gas 6 (180°c for fan ovens). Lightly grease one 24cm loose-bottomed tart tin (at least 3cm deep) per tart being made.
5) Roll out the pastry on a floured surface to a circle about 5cm bigger than the tin and 5mm thick.
6) Line the tin with the pastry, leaving a little to overhang. Line with baking paper and baking beans, then bake for 15 minutes. Move on to step 10 while you wait for the pastry to bake, then come back to this step.
7) Remove the paper and beans, and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
8) Reduce the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas 3 (150°C for fan ovens).
9) Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and thyme, then cook gently for 10 minutes. Move on to the next step while you wait.
10) Cook the broccoli in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until just tender, then refresh in cold water and drain.
11) Spread the onion mixture in the pastry case and arrange the broccoli on top.
12) Beat the eggs with the milk, double cream and pecorino, then season.
13) Pour into the pastry case, then top with the goats’ cheese.
14) Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until just set and golden.